Understanding Veterans' Mental Health Challenges
Why BTC? There is great complexity in addressing the mental health struggles among those who have served our country. Understanding veterans' unique mental health struggles is of the utmost importance and we, at BTC, are ready to help with the often-hidden emotional wounds that many veterans bear after their service. STOP THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL NOW!
We accept HSA & FSA as payment!
At BTC we believe in:
- Cultural Sensitivity
- An urgency of treatment for Veterans for PTSD, Depression, Anxiety and Addiction
- Unseen scars are just as significant as physical scars
- Mental wellness is everyone's right
- Seeking help shows strength and resilience
- Fostering empathy and understanding to pave the way for a more supportive society for Veterans
- Are trained specifically to address PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, Addiction
- Understand and take into consideration that cultural factors can significantly impact a veteran's mental health, well-being, and communication
- Utilize open dialogue about PTSD, Anxiety, Depression and Addiction
- Believe that PTSD is an injury, not a disorder
- Know that suffering, isolation, and feeling overwhelmed can be alleviated with treatment
- Prioritize mental wellness and destigmatize mental injuries
- Provide unwavering support every step of your wellness journey
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD):
- Is a debilitating condition that affects many veterans
- Disrupts relationships, work and overall well being
- Intrusive memories
- Emotional numbness
We, at Be the Change in Mental Health, are proud to provide proven treatments to support mental health recovery of our valued veterans. Coping with traumatic memories can be addressed with Ketamine-assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) or Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS).
- Move beyond traumatic experiences without having to rip off the "protective scab" over the old wound - not necessary to revisit old trauma to heal
- Reduce the intensity of emotional reactions
- Regain control over your life
- Modern, legal, FDA approved
- Ketamine-assisted Psychotherapy offers nearly immediate relief from depression
Stigma and Mental Health
Addressing the stigma associated with mental health in the military and society is paramount to ensuring that veterans and individuals facing mental health challenges receive the support they need. Far too often, the fear of being labeled as weak or unfit for duty has prevented military personnel from seeking help for mental health issues. However, normalizing the act of seeking help and promoting open dialogue can break down these barriers.
Not all trauma is caused by combat experience. Sexual trauma during your time of service can also cause PTSD.
Sonoma County VET CONNECT
Every Tuesday (except Federal Holidays) from 9am to 12pm at the Veterans Center in Santa Rosa, CA
We take pride in our affiliation with Sonoma County VET CONNECT, a remarkable organization comprised of veterans dedicated to helping their fellow veterans access the services they have rightfully earned during their military service.
Sonoma County VET CONNECT has approved BTC as a mental health treatment center for veterans.